Taste 5 (out of 5)
Difficulty 2 (out of 5)
- 10 oz / 300 g buckwheat dough (from the Healthy Bread in 5 Minutes a Day) (600 cal)
- 4 tsp sun dried tomatoes in oil (90 cal)
- 2 slices roast-beef, chopped (220 cal)
- 2 oz / 60 g coarsely shredded mozzarella cheese (200 cal)
- 2 oz / 60 g corn kernels (50 cal)
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
Total 1220 calories, 1 12-inch pizza, 2 servings, 610 cal/serving
1. Prepare all the toppings in advance. Preheat the oven to 500F.
2. Shape the dough into a ball. Dust the ball, the working surface and the rolling pin with more flour and roll the dough into a 9 inch disk. The dough is very wet and sticky so you might need to add quite a bit of the flour.
3. Place the dough on a 9 inch pizza pan. Spread the sun dried tomatoes and the garlic with the spatula, leaving about 1/2-inch border at the edge. Add the beef pieces and the corn. Sprinkle with cheese, salt and pepper.
4. Place the pizza pan into the stove and bake for about 12-15 minutes.
I wanted to bake the pizza directly on the baking stone, but the dough kept sticking to pizza peel. Of course, you could line the pizza peel with parchment paper and slide it onto the stone together with the pizza, if you want harder crust. In my case the crust was very soft and fluffy, and we actually really really liked it this way.