Taste 3 (out of 5)
Difficulty 1 (out of 5)
- 1 lb frozen Normandy Mix: broccoli, cauliflower, carrots (200 cal)
- 1/2 cup frozen corn (60 cal)
- 1 cup low fat milk (120 cal)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
Total 380 cal, 4 servings, 95 cal/serving
1. In a medium sized sauce pan cook the Normandy mix with 1/4 gallon / 1 l of water on high heat until boils. Add cilantro and salt and pepper to taste and cook for another 10 minutes on medium heat until the broccoli and the cauliflower soften.
2. Let cool slightly. Puree with an emersion blender.
3. Add the milk and the corn and cook on medium heat for 10 more minutes.
- A very light, healthy and easy soup. Nice when you don’t have time or if you have too many frozen veggies and want to empty your freezer.
- Serve with fresh bread (a homemade buckwheat bread “in 5 minutes a day” in the picture).