Taste (out of 5)
Difficulty 3 (out of 5)
- 2 large eggplants (260 cal)
- 4 tbsp olive oil (480 cal)
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine (60 cal)
- 4-5 garlic cloves, chopped fine (20 cal)
- 1/2 cup sour cream (250 cal)
- dried mint
- salt and pepper
Total 1070 cal, 4 servings, 270 cal/serving
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Peel the eggplant, and cut a slit along the side. Salt it, and let it sit and drain for half an hour. Rinse salt off.
3. Slice the two eggplants thin lengthwise into 5 or 6 pieces each.
4. Baste in 2 tbsp olive oil on both sides.
5. Lay these in an oven proof dish. Cook until golden brown.
6. Chop the onion and garlic cloves, and fry in a pan with 1 tbsp olive oil.
7. Remove eggplants from oven, add to onion/garlic mix. Puree mix in a food processor until chunky but smooth. Return to pan. 8. Add sour cream, simmer for fifteen minutes. Place in serving dish. 9. In a smaller pan, fry the mint in 1 tbsp oil. Drizzle or spoon over the eggplant as garnish.