Taste 4 (out of 5)
Difficulty 1 (out of 5)
- 1/2 lb/225 g brussels sprouts (100 cal)
- 1 slice red onion (5 cal)
- 1 garlic clove (5 cal)
- 1 oz/ 28 g coarsely shredded mozzarella cheese (100 cal)
- 1 tsp canola oil (40 cal)
- 1/2 cup chicken stock (5 cal)
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- salt and pepper to taste
Total 255 cal, 1 serving
1. Finely chop the onion and the garlic and saute on medium heat with 1 tsp of canola oil for about 5 minutes until they begin to soften.
2. Chop the brussels sprouts into 1/4 inch slices (about 4 slices each) and add them to the garlic. Add the chicken stock, season with basil, salt and pepper, and let cook, stirring occasionally for another 10 minutes.
3. Arrange on the plate and sprinkle with the shredded mozzarella.
Makes a very nice, light and healthy, but filling meal. Can also be served as a side, but then you can probably use only half of the amount.