AdSense Full Screen test

Friday, January 15, 2010

Hawaiian Pizza


Source
Improvised

Taste 4 (out of 5)

Difficulty 3 (out of 5)

Ingredients
- 2 pieces of Hawaiian style chicken with sauce (360 cal)
- 1/2 cup pineapple chunks (80 cal)
- 2 oz/ 55 g coarsely shredded mozzarella cheese (200 cal)
- pizza dough for a 12’’ pizza (I used Peter Reinhart’s Napoletana dough recipe)(500 cal)
Total 1140 cal, 2 servings, 570 cal/ serving

Instructions
1. Cook the sauce in a small sauce pan over low heat until thickens and reduces by half.
2. Roll out the pizza dough to 12’’ diameter. Place the dough on a pizza peel lined with a parchment paper. Spread the sauce over the pizza crust, place the chicken and the pineapple chunks, and sprinkle the shredded mozzarella on top.
3. Slide the pizza with the parchment paper onto the hot baking stone.
4. Bake for 8 minutes in an oven preheated to 550F.

Afterthoughts
A very good pizza, I liked it way better than the original chicken recipe :-).

2 comments:

Karen said...

I'm going to try this :) I love chicken pizza I have some of PR's sourdough pizza dough in my freezer.

Cooking Rookie said...

Hi Karen,
Do you have a site with your recipes? I'd love to see it if you have it - your comments last time were super useful, I'm sure I have a lot to learn from you :-)