Warm up those rainy spring days when it feels like winter is back. A healthier simpler version of a creamy soup for only 75 calories.
Taste 4 (out of 5)
Difficulty 1 (out of 5)
- 1 small cauliflower (70 cal)
- 2-3 green onions (5 cal)
- 1 garlic clove (5 cal)
- 1/2 tbsp canola oil (60 cal)
- 1 tbsp shiro miso paste (30 cal)
- 1 cup low fat milk (130 cal)
- 1.5 cups water
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- salt and black pepper to taste
Total 300 cal, 4 servings, 75 cal/serving
1. Mince the garlic, finely chop the green onions and saute them with 1/2 tbsp of oil for about 5 minutes on low-medium heat.
2. Add the cauliflower flowerets. Dissolve the shiro miso paste in 1 1/2 cups of water and add to the vegetables. Let cook over medium heat for about 30 minutes.
3. Transfer the vegetables with some of the liquids into a blender or a food processor and puree. 4. Return to the sauce pan. Add 1 cup of milk, parsley, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and then let simmer for 5 minutes.
- You don’t necessarily need flour, starch and heavy cream to make the soups creamy. This version is light, gluten free and only uses 1 cup of low fat milk. And the creaminess comes from the vegetable, the pureed cauliflower. Much simpler to make, much healthier to eat.
- In the picture served with Zucchini Bread.