Uma, our friend’s mom + my calorie saving substitutions
Taste 5 (out of 5)
Difficulty 1 (out of 5)
- 1 1/2 cups flour (675 cal)
- 1/4 cup non-fat yogurt (30 cal)
- 1/4 cup margarine (410 cal)
- 1/2 cup orange juice (65 cal)
- 2/3 cups sugar (510 cal)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg + 2 egg whites (100 cal)
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- pinch of salt
For the glaze
- 3 tsp icing sugar (45 cal)
- a few drops of vanilla essence (5 cal)
- 2 tsp water
Total 1840 cal, 12 servings, 155 cal/serving
1. Beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Add the salt and beat more until peaks. Add all the sugar a little at a time.
2. Mix the rest of the ingredients until smooth. Carefully fold in the egg whites.
3. Grease a 9’’ round pan mold and pour the dough. Preheat the oven to 350F and bake for about 30 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
4. Let the cake cool a little in the pan, the remove from the pan and place directly on a cooling rack. When the cake is cool, decorate with the glaze.
A very nice soft cake, with an orangey flavor, and so easy to make. I loved it.