Taste 4 (out of 5)
Difficulty 2 (out of 5)
- 1/2 lb / 250 g boneless skinless chicken thighs (300 cal)
- 1/2 medium onion (30 cal)
- 2 garlic cloves (10 cal)
- 1/4 cup walnuts (200 cal)
- 3 tsp canola oil (120 cal)
- 2 small pomegranates (150 cal)
- 1 cup orange juice (130 cal)
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- salt and pepper to taste
Total 940 cal, 4 servings, 235 cal / serving
1. Wash and cut the chicken into small pieces. Mince the garlic, mix with 1 tsp of oil, salt and pepper and brush the chicken with a mixture. Heat a frying pan with 1 tsp of oil and saute the chicken for about 20 minutes until nicely browned and cooked.
2. Finely chop the onion and the nuts. When the chicken is done remove it from the frying pan, add to the pan 1 more tsp of oil, the onion and the nuts and saute on low heat until the onion is translucent.
3. In the meantime juice the pomegranates using a strainer. Reserve a handful of seeds for decoration. Add the pomegranate juice, the orange juice and the spices to the onions and simmer on low heat for about 20 minutes. When the sauce thickens, add the chicken and simmer for 5 more minutes.
4. Sere over rice.
Nice dish. Could use more juice to have a bit more sauce.