Improvised based on Challah dough from Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day
Taste 5 (out of 5)
Difficulty 2 (out of 5)
- 1 lb of Challah dough from Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day (1250 cal)
- 5 tbsp low fat raspberry jam (175 cal)
- sweet egg wash = 1 egg white + 1 tbsp milk + 1 tbsp brown sugar (30 cal)
Total 1455 cal, 12 rolls, 120 cal/roll
1. Cut 1 lb of refrigerated Challah dough (see instructions here or in the book). Dust the dough with all purpose flour and form a ball.
2. Dust working surface and a rolling pin and roll the dough into a 12 inch round. You might need to let the dough rest a little if it shrinks back after you roll it. Use more flour to prevent the dough from sticking to the pin or to the table.
3. Spread the jam evenly over the round. Using a pizza cutter, cut the round into 12 equal slices. 4. Roll each slice from the wide side towards the center. Place the rolls onto a baking sheet lined with the silicon mat or a parchment paper and allow to rest for 40 minutes. If the rolls do not rise, don’t worry - most likely they will rise in the oven.
5. In the meantime preheat the oven to 350F. Brush the rolls with the egg wash. Place the baking sheet on the middle rack in the oven and bake for about 25-30 minutes.
- I really love them, I think this Challah dough is going to be a regular in my fridge.
- Of course, the same recipe will work with any other jam, chocolate, sugar with nuts or any filling you can think of. I'll be making chocolate next.