Taste 5 (out of 5)
Difficulty 1 (out of 5)
- 1 lb / 450 g spinach raw or frozen
- 2 large potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley (or 2 tbsp dried)
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped dill (or 2 tbsp dried)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- juice of 1/2 lemon
1. Wash and chop the spinach, dill and parsley and place in a large saucepan. Cut the potatoes into 1/2 inch (1 cm) cubes and add to spinach. Add 2 liters / 1/2 gallon of water or enough to cover the spinach and potatoes, bring to a boil, add salt and pepper to taste and simmer for 45 minutes.
2. Beat the eggs lightly with a fork or a hand whisk and mix them with the lemon juice and minced garlic.
3. When you take the saucepan off the fire, scoop out 1 cup of the soup and let cool. Once chilled (after about 5 minutes) add the cup of soup to the eggs stirring continuously to avoid curdling.Pour the egg mix into the soup saucepan.
4. This soup can be served warm or cold. After plating, you can add sour cream, fresh diced cucumber, dill and or diced boiled egg for garnish and flavor.