AdSense Full Screen test

Friday, April 29, 2011

Mint Lemonade and Facebook Blog - plz Like me ;-)

I finally managed (or so I think) to upload my blog to Facebook. I am very new to Facebook, so it was a huge achievement for me. But nobody knows about it :-(.
So, in the style of the Cardigans “I cry and I beg for you to Like me, Like me, say that you Like me” … :-) on Facebook or Networked Blogs (Cook Book of Trial and Error) or invite me to be your friend (Cooking Rookie).
And now it’s time to celebrate with a refreshing Lemonade!

Source Improvised

Taste
5 (out of 5)

Difficulty 2 (out of 5)

Ingredients
For mint lemon water
- 1 small bunch of fresh mint
- zest of 2 lemons
- 2 liters / 1/2 gallon water
For individual lemonade
- juice of 1 lemon (25 cal)
- 1 tbsp sugar (45 cal)
Total 60 cal/serving

Instructions
For mint lemon water
1. Wash the mint and the 2 lemons well. Using a peeler remove zest from the lemons. Boil 2 liters / 1/2 gallon of water and pour over the mint and the lemon zest. Let steep for several hours or overnight until it reaches room temperature.
2. When completely cool, pour the mint lemon water into a large jar through a sieve lined with a thick paper towel. Discard the mint and the lemon zest. Keep the mint lemon water in the fridge until needed for lemonade.
For individual lemonade
3. Juice 1 lemon, add 1 tbsp of sugar and 3/4 cup of chilled mint lemon water and blend well. Adjust sugar to taste. Decorate with fresh mint leaves and serve with ice cubes.

Afterthoughts
- This is my favorite lemonade. Mint goes amazingly well with the lemons and makes a wonderful refreshing drink for the summer.
- And it’s only 60 calories per serving – I thought it was 5 times more :-).

13 comments:

Nami | Just One Cookbook said...

Oh this is so simple to make yet looks delicious! I'm glad you are using Facebook, so I won't miss your post!

Rumana Rawat said...

It looks so wonderful:)

Torviewtoronto said...

refreshing drink

Angie's Recipes said...

That's a perfect summer drink!

Kristen said...

I love homemade lemonade...especially with fresh-from-the-tree lemons. What a treat to add a little mint, too. Sounds so refreshing.

Sarah said...

I liked you :) And I think I'm going to love love love this lemonade. We're supposed to get some sun around here this weekend so I just might throw in a splash of vodka by way of celebration!

Jocie's Mom said...

Nice! Great lemonade. Love the mint incorporation :) Consider yourself 'LIKED' on facebook!

Deeba PAB said...

This cooler is right up my street! Delicious and ever so refreshing! Of course you have been "LIKED"!!!

Megan @ Pip and Ebby said...

There is nothing fresher than mint and lemons!!

"Liked" you!

Xiaolu @ 6 Bittersweets said...

Liked! And what a great refreshing beverage.

Chocolate Shavings said...

Congratulations, you are the winner of my 'Big Bowl of Love' cookbook giveaway! Could you email me your mailing address so the publisher can you send you a copy of the book?

Connie said...

I liked you - welcome to FB!

Anonymous said...

I found your blog through Nami, You have a wonderful blog and I "liked you" on facebook :)