.. with coffee and orange - yummy even for those who are not crazy about coffee cakes.
Source: Adapted from Food.com
Taste: 5 (out of 5)
Difficulty: 1 (out of 5)
- 1/2 cup of honey (515 cal)
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar, not packed (275 cal)
- 2 eggs (140 cal)
- 1/2 cup black coffee (room temperature)
- 1/3 cup canola oil (635 cal)
- 1/2 fresh orange, juice, pulp and skin, grated fine (40 cal)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (910 cal)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 pinch of salt (⅛ teaspoon)
- 1/2 cup of dried cranberries or raisins (205 cal)
Total 2720 cal, 10 servings, 270 cal / serving
1. Mix the baking soda with the orange juice until bubbles form, and then mix all the ingredients except flour until uniform. At the end mix in the flour. The batter should be moderately loose, but not too loose.
2. Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan, and bake in an oven preheated to 350F for about an hour. Let the cake cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes and remove to the wire rack until completely cool.
- I am not crazy about honey cakes, but this one is really good. I suppose I would not have guessed that it has honey, had I not known.
- This recipe is very easy to make, and I love the fact that there is not much oil in it.