A fresh summer treat.
Taste 5 (out of 5)
Difficulty 2 (out of 5)
For the dough
- 100 g margarine (725 cal)
- 1 cup all purpose flour (455 cal)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed (415 cal)
For the filling
- 750 g strawberries (240 cal)
- 1 stalk rhubarb (35 cal)
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp agave nectar (190 cal)
- 2 tbsp cornstarch (115 cal)
Total 2175 cal, 12 servings, 180 cal/serving
1. Preheat oven to 325. Lightly butter a 9-inch tart pan or 4 individual tart pans.
2. Place all the ingredients for the dough in a bowl and mix with pastry cutter. You can add 1-2 tbsp of ice water in the end if the doug is too dry. Form a ball with your hands, wrap with a plastic wrap and let rest in the refrigerator for an hour.
3. In the meantime, combine strawberries, rhubarb and agave nectar in a sieve, and let ret.
4. After an hour press the dough out into the prepared tart pan using your fingers. Use a fork to dock the dough (poke holes in it — this will help keep the crust thin by preventing steam from making it bubble up as it cooks). Bake for 20 minutes.
5. Drain the strawberry rhubarb mixture of any liquid (otherwise your tart will be soggy). Add cornstarch and mix well again. Pour the filling into the partially baked crust, making sure to spread it out evenly. Return to the oven and bake for another 30 minutes, or until the crust is baked.
6. Remove and let cool before serving.
I love this tart - fresh, yummy, pretty and easy to make.