A yummy, healthy, refreshing salad, even for those who are not crazy about spinach.
Taste 5 (out of 5)
Difficulty 1 (out of 5)
- 5 oz fresh spinach (35 cal)
- 1/2 mango (60 cal)
- 4 large strawberries (65 cal)
- 1/4 large red onion (15 cal)
- 4 walnuts, chopped (100 cal)
- 1/4 cup orange juice (20 cal)
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar (10 cal)
- 1 tsp agave nectar (15 cal)
- 1 tbsp olive oil (120 cal)
Total 450 cal, 2 large servings, 250 cal/serving
1. Wash well the fruits and the vegetables. Peel and coarsely chop the onion and the mango, chop the strawberries. Add the walnuts and mix.
2. Mix the orange juice, balsamic vinegar, agave nectar and olive oil and pour over the salad. Let the salad stand in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours before serving.
- I am not crazy about spinach, but this is one of the few recipes that make spinach edible and even quite tasty for me. And my boyfriend does not like the texture of onions, but I did not hear any complaints in this case.
- It’s a colorful, pretty salad, and is perfect for entertaining guests. Everyone will like it.